FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
INC Research Expands Partnership with Medidata Solutions
Leading Global Contract Research Organization Becomes First to Achieve Accreditations in Medidata’s Cloud-based Randomization & Trial Supply Management, Coding and Monitoring Solutions
NEW YORK, N.Y. – May 9, 2012 – INC Research, LLC has broadened its services around Medidata Solutions’ (NASDAQ: MDSO) clinical cloud platform by attaining three new accreditations. Now offering implementation and management services for Medidata Balance™, Medidata Rave® Targeted SDV and Medidata Coder™, INC Research continues to expand its ability to help research sponsors overcome critical cost, risk and efficiency challenges across the clinical chain.
In 2006, INC Research became one of the first CROs to join Medidata’s Partner Program and has since conducted more than 100 Medidata Rave electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical data management (CDM) study builds. The company achieved its first Medidata accreditation for Rave in 2007, and with these three new accreditations—introduced in December of last year—INC Research now holds more accreditations than any other Medidata Services Partner.
- “We’ve had great success as a Medidata Services Partner, and are very excited to expand our collaboration to offer our customers more options, further distinguish ourselves from the competition and help drive our future growth,” said Jamie Macdonald, chief operating officer, INC Research. “More and more sponsors are looking to improve operational efficiencies that platforms like Medidata Rave can offer.”
With Medidata Balance accreditation, INC Research enables sponsors and investigators to use one system—Medidata Rave—for patient data capture, randomization and trial supply management activities. Medidata Rave Targeted SDV allows INC Research to provide more efficient site monitoring services by executing targeted (risk-based) source document verification, while Medidata Coder allows INC Research to provide enhanced medical coding services for sponsors.
- “Medidata Rave Targeted SDV offers ease of use and promise in reducing monitoring efforts and costs while increasing quality,” said Macdonald. “We’re also excited about Balance’s ability to offer both block and dynamic allocation randomization methods, and streamline sponsors’ supply management processes.”
INC Research has already begun using all three solutions with joint Medidata customers and will expand to new trials in coming months. INC Research executives also shared best practices for Balance and Rave Targeted SDV technologies in presentations at the Americas Medidata User Group, held May 1–3, 2012 in Philadelphia.
- “INC Research continues to drive innovation and the adoption of new technologies in the clinical research process,” said Tarek Sherif, CEO, Medidata Solutions. “The expansion of our partnership not only speaks to the commitment sponsors and CROs continue to make to our cloud-based clinical technology platform, but further positions INC Research as a leader in the space.”
Connect with Medidata:
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: #CRO @INC_Research first to achieve three new @Medidata accreditations, reaches 100 study build milestone http://bit.ly/JuPll0
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
About INC Research
INC Research is a therapeutically focused clinical research organization with a high-performance reputation for conducting global clinical development programs of the highest integrity. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies look to INC Research for a complete range of customized Phase I through Phase IV programs in all therapeutic areas and innovative pediatric and women's health trials. The Company's Trusted Process® methodology and therapeutic foresight lead customers to more confident, better-informed drug and device development decisions. INC Research is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit http://www.incresearch.com or follow us at @INC_Research.
About Medidata Solutions Worldwide
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced platform lowers the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
Lois Paul and Partners