Senior Business Systems Analyst
Professional Services | Iselin, United States
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems while acting as a liaison between Professional Services, Business Innovation Office and Medidata Academy
- Acts as the liaison between Professional Services (PS) subject matter experts and the Business Innovation Office (BIO) and/or technology vendor development teams.
- Acts as the liaison with the Medidata Academy team to build assets to help train PS users.
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Drafts requirements for system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Designs details of automated systems.
- May provides consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- Requirements have been adequately elicited, documented and then configured in the system.
- Solutions deliver the anticipated value and meet objectives of the business case.
- Stakeholders are satisfied that the scope being delivered is the best possible solution to the problem they are trying to solve.
- Test teams are able to validate that the system meets all the requirements.
- Builds strong relationships with Medidata PS, Finance, BIO and Academy teams.
- Processes have been adequately documented before go-live and maintained throughout system lifecycle.
- Recognized as a FinancialForce SME by PS business users.
- Collaborate with business users to identify and document PS related business processes and requirements for the development and implementation of internal systems used by PS.
- Provide first tier / how to functional support to end users
- Anticipate the needs of stakeholders affected by process change.
- Design processes that can be implemented with minimal disruption to supporting systems and are cost effective.
- Document business requirements (BRDs) and functional design specifications (FRDs) for conversions, interfaces and reports
- Drive an efficient and effective change management process with all stakeholders
- Engage with IT partners to ensure business needs are correctly translated to support processes and systems changes with high quality results
- Co-lead design sessions to identify functional gaps and opportunities of improvement
- Coordinate and drive issue resolution with cross-functional teams during the design and development process
- Work closely with users to define and document use cases, scenarios and test scripts
- Prepare and execute test plans to ensure internal solution/design and vendor releases meet business requirements
- Create documentation for processes, training and operational support
- Ensure requirements are delivered in timely stages, allowing the design and development to make the necessary progress
- Partner closely with Professional Services, Sales Operations, Legal, Marketing, Finance and other key stakeholders to understand needs and provide automated, flexible and scalable solutions
Your Education & Experience:
- Strong analytical skills to quickly understand and critically evaluate requirements from multiple sources, disseminate high-level concepts into details and apply system business logic to solve complex problems
- Ability to proactively engage and build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, focused and concise manner to all levels of management, both technical and non-technical
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities/deadlines including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams with the ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence project outcomes
- Knowledge of technical vendor landscape, business processes and IT operational structure
- Strong metrics reporting and proven quality documentation experience
- Proficient use with MS Tools (Visio, MS Projects, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with data migration and data transformation
- Experience with CRM/PSA (Salesforce applications)
- Experience on SFDC Sales Cloud
- Preferred experience with FinancialForce PSA
- Familiarity with SQL, PSA, Salesforce platform technologies
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.