Partner Account Manager
Sales : Partners Sales Support | New York, United States
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
A Medidata Partner Account Manager, CRO Partnerships, coordinates, develops and manages partnerships with our major large US based CROs that can assist and support the sales and delivery of Medidata Products & Services and leverage Medidata’s position in the marketplace.
The role requires a clear understanding of the Clinical Trials R&D environment, an understanding of clinical trial implications and clinical systems environments. In addition, it is important to have practical experience of the Sponsor/CRO outsourcing process ideally combined with experience of working with partners to develop and leverage new business opportunities.
• Working with the Global Account lead, contribute to the development of strategies and processes to engage, support and manage those partners
• Develop CRO revenue-generating activities globally for these US headquartered organizations.
• Coordinate with regional sales executives and account managers to develop, win and close partner related sales opportunities
• Provide support to and liaise with CRO Partners for Sales and Professional Services
• Work closely with CRO Partnerships, Sales and Pre-Sales executives around the world to effectively provide global solutions that drive Medidata’s Partner and Sponsor business activities
• Proactively engage with prospective partner organizations interested in transacting business or initiating a strategic partnership
Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of and experience in software applications sales/consulting
• Hands-on experience working with Sponsor Outsourcing, CROs, channels or an alliance program
• Successful Biopharmaceutical industry and clinical R&D sales experience
• Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Demonstrated ability to work with and manage global relationships with customers and partners
• Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with remote teams in distributed, international environments
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred, Masters Degree or higher a plus
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.