Principal, Platform Adoption - Mobile Health
Sales : Global Mid Market | London, United Kingdom
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of clinical trial implementation. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Mobile Health (mHealth) team is part of the Chief Operating Officer’s organization and is responsible for the development and commercialization of Medidata’s offering to support mobile-enabled trials. This team works closely with life sciences companies to execute clinical trials that include a biosensor, wearable device, or mobile app. The Mobile Health Platform Adoption Principal is the primary resource responsible for sales execution to drive incremental revenue and backlog across the mHealth franchise. The Mobile Health Platform Adoption Principal will be required to partner with various constituencies across the Medidata Sales, Product, and Operations Organizations to achieve this goal.
- Partner with Medidata Account Based Sales Representatives across Enterprise Accounts, Mid-Market Accounts, and Partner Accounts to develop, maintain, and drive to closure a sales pipeline across the mHealth Franchise in line with quarterly and current year revenue, sales, and backlog expectations
- Partner with the Vice President, Strategic Services and the Strategic Consulting Services (SCS) team to develop a pipeline of professional services and SCS opportunities in line with quarterly and current year revenue, sales, and backlog expectations
- Assist the Managing Director, mHealth and the Product and Field based marketing organizations to plan and execute relevant and timely marketing activities in the form of email campaigns, seminars, case studies, press releases, and white papers
- Assist the Managing Director, mHealth and Sales management with the creation of effective sales enablement collateral for use the Account Based Sales team, including but not limited to: Client facing presentations and fact sheets and pricing and value models
- Assist the mHealth Organization with obtaining feedback from the usage of Medidata’s mobile health offering in the field
- Participate in both company and industry sponsored events as a participant and speaker to create additional demand for Medidata’s capabilities and services across the mHealth Franchise
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
- Experience selling SaaS technology solutions, implementation services, and consulting services into the Pharmaceutical industry, preferably within Clinical Development
- Experience selling mobile health-related offerings
- Multi-year track record of sales quota attainment
- Experience working with and selling to senior client resources (SVP, C-Level)
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 50% or more, both domestically and internationally
- Experience with or deep understanding of the following areas highly desired: Clinical Trial process, technology, and data
- Experience working in industry or as a consultant specializing in Clinical Development desired
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of field sales experience
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Medidata Solutions Korea Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.