Solutions Sales, Sponsor Specialist, Analytics
Sales : Global Mid Market | New York, United States
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Platform Adoption Group resides in the Global Sales & Alliances organization and team members act as product and domain experts for specific components of the Medidata Clinical Cloud. Our expertise is leveraged by Account Managers at key inflection points in the sales cycle. Beyond driving incremental revenue for the organization, we set the dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata Clinical Cloud by working in concert with R&D, Marketing (Field & Product), Market Development, Inside Sales and the Value teams. The Platform Adoption Principal, Sponsor Specialist – Analytics will help shape and execute Medidata’s Analytics go-to-market strategy for the sponsor organizations that Medidata serves.
- Primary responsibility is driving quarter over quarter incremental sales and revenue for Medidata’s Analytics business, across a growing portfolio of products and services
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Account Managers to qualify opportunities, continue to build product momentum and increase Medidata Analytics market share
- Work in concert with Global and Regional Account Managers to execute on sales strategies, in part, by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s Analytics solutions directly to Sponsors, Academic Research Organizations, and Governmental Agencies.
- Assist and support Account managers and Market Development teams in speaking with prospective customer functional groups such as Clinical Finance, Clinical Operations, Data Management, Clinical Study Teams, etc.
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the Analytics portfolio, including, but not limited to webinars, conference attendance and presentation, customer and industry events
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Product Marketing activities (including, but not limited to – white papers, press releases, case studies, etc.)
- Design the talk tracks for email and cold call campaigns to be used by both Inside Sales and Market Development
- Work alongside Global Learning & Development to develop and deliver training offerings to scale the solution area with the direct sales force
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience in the Biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D environment is required
- Experience working directly with or for Clinical Trial Sponsor organizations is required. Examples of relevant experience are as an employee of a pharmaceutical company involved in clinical trial execution, as a consultant serving a pharmaceutical company, or as a software account manager or sales representative selling into pharmaceutical companies.
- Experience working in an analytics driven environment or company is highly desired (Gartner or Thompson Reuters, for example)
- Prior software and services sales experience with a strong track record of meeting or exceeding targets is required
- Experience selling software in a vertical SaaS environment highly desired
- Understanding of selling tactics a multi-channel environment, specifically how Sponsor organizations interact with CROs
- Track record of working with customers at a senior management-level (VP+)
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50%, with occasional peaks above 50%
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or an analytics focused discipline or equivalent experience is required
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.