Director, Product Management
Product Management | San Francisco, United States
Where we play We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata is looking for a dynamic Director, Product Management with responsibility for our document management offering that includes, but not limited to, the following areas:
• Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Management
• Electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) Management
• Regulatory Document Workflow & Submission
The Director, Product Management will be responsible for product strategy, release schedule, building revenue forecasts, managing product budgets, working directly with product owners and business analysts, and generating financial returns for Medidata’s document management offering. The product will be built primarily for external users and also integrate with other Medidata offerings to meet each product’s documentation needs to provide a seamless end to end clinical trial solution. Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The product team at Medidata is looking for a smart, driven Director, Product Management to help drive the direction and development of our offering, the backbone of which is a recent acquisition of a cloud-based regulated content management and collaboration company that utilizes Box for the underlying platform services. This role will interface with clients and our top architects, analysts, operations, UX, UI, and engineers to define and create an exciting new offering for Medidata’s clients and partners.
• Participate in defining and owning the product vision and maintain the product roadmap for Medidata’s document management solution
• Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to develop, deliver, and maintain Medidata’s SOP management capabilities
• Define and guide development of Medidata’s end to end solution to manage a trial’s eTMF artifacts, including the leverage of data and information from Medidata’s suite of clinical technology products
• Oversee regulatory document submission capabilities including the workflow elements in a document’s creation, review and finalization
• Define GTM strategy including market segmentation, key value differentiators, and successful product launches for eTMF based product offerings
• Measure the success of product launches by defining and monitoring key metrics and adoption rates
• Understand market trends, competitive forces, and regional and global industry regulations
• Perform analysis on technical, operational, and market considerations for new product development and differentiation
• Develop pricing strategies and evaluate product positioning to ultimately recommend whether to invest, sustain, or retire functionality or product offerings
• Communicate and collaborate with external clients and partners
• Be the voice of the product owner to management
• Support the sales team with sales cycle documentation and presentations
• Present roadmap presentations to clients and partners
• Identify opportunities and execute cross-team product and strategy collaborations
• Perform cost-benefit analyses and recommend plans-of-action to senior management
• Create data-driven revenue goals and propose budget requests to meet said goals
• Contribute to thought-leadership knowledge sharing through internal blogs
• Participate in key client meetings
• Intelligently pull in other stakeholders to help manage customer relationship as needed
• Help drive or lead customer meeting prep across multiple stakeholders
• Work with internal stakeholders to identify how we can expand a customer relationship, and implements said plan across the organization
• Present completed business plans to executives and internal stakeholders to help shape product strategy and gain budget approval
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Regulatory document submission knowledge, preferably in the clinical trial space
• Domain knowledge in the development and utilization of eTMF technology in clinical trials
• Experience in workflow development & management
• P&L ownership and/or experience launching new businesses or product offerings
• Demonstrated expertise developing or leading teams which develop products for internal and external use
• Experience with SaaS document management solutions, desirably Box
• Agile experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrable experience of face-to-face working with clients
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• General Life Sciences expertise a plus
Your Education & Experience:
• University degree, preferably in business, mathematics, or computer science
• Master’s degree strongly preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.